Filing Fees (New as of January 1, 2013)
- 1st page of document: $10.00
- 2nd page & all subsequent pages: $6.00 each
- The above fees pertain to ALL documents filed within the Register of Deeds offices.
Exceptions listed below are "no fee" documents:
- Federal Tax Lien Termination
- State Tax Lien Termination
- UCC Termination
- Certified copies: $1.50 per page
- UCC Financings Statements, Assignment, Amendments, Release, Partial Release: $10.00 + $0.50 for each attachment
Documentary Tax - Effective 7/1/2005 to $2.25 per thousand (LB-40) (see the Computation Table)
Copies are $0.50 per page plus $1.00 P&H to mail out
Faxes are $0.50 per page
Money is needed before copies are sent.
Buffalo County Plat & Tam Books-showing ownership - $10.00
The above list of fees are in accordance with LB463 L.S. 1983: Effective August 26, 1983; LB606 L.S. 1985 Effective July 1, 1985; LB1153, Effective January 1, 1991 LB 1022, Effective January 1, 1993; LB1099, Effective July 16, 2004
LB 254 - Provide New Requirements for Instruments recorded in the Office of Register of Deeds Effective August 27, 2011
- Recording Space Requirements:
- 3" X 8 1/2" on top of page 1
- No attachment or affirmation shall be used in any way to cover any information or printed material on the instrument. (For example, nothing may be taped or attached to an instrument.)
- Every instrument presented for recording shall have on the first page BELOW the 3 inch margin a return address and the title of the document
- Margin Requirements: 1" on both vertical sides, and 1" on the bottom. This applies throughout the document.
- Instrument Requirements:
- Paper at least 8 1/2" X 11" , and no larger than 8 1/2" X 14"
- Shall be printed, typewritten or computer generated in black ink, white paper, and a minimum 8pt font
- Must be legible
- Each signature on an instrument shall be in black or dark blue ink
- Names of each party shall be typed, printed, or stamped beneath the original signature.
- Stamps shall not cover or interfere with any part of the instrument
- Exceptions to the rule:
- Instruments signed before the effective date of this bill (August 27, 2011)
- Instruments executed outside of the U.S.
- Certified copies from governmental agencies (Death Certificates)
- Instruments signed by an incapacitated or deceased person at the time of recording
- Instruments formatted to meet court requirements
- State & Federal Tax Liens
- UCC Instruments
- Plats, Surveys, etc.