The Criminal Division of the Buffalo County Attorney's Office is responsible for the prosecution of all crimes that occur within Buffalo County.
The Attorneys of the Criminal Division make filing decisions after reviewing reports generated by local law enforcement agencies. Those agencies include Buffalo County Sheriffs Office, Kearney Police Department, Nebraska State Patrol, Nebraska Game and Parks, Shelton Police Department, and the Ravenna Police Department.
The mission of the Criminal Division is to actively investigate and aggressively prosecute crimes that occur in Buffalo County. Using advanced trial practices, research, and technology, it is our goal to prosecute those individuals that cause harm to the citizens of Buffalo County. We will work with the community, law enforcement, and government agencies to not only prosecute crimes, but to proactively search for ways to protect the community.
- To work with the community and build a relationship of trust and understanding in order to work proactively to prevent crime.
- To use research and investigative techniques to ensure quality criminal prosecutions for the citizens of Buffalo County.
- To improve our understanding of the law and the community through seminars, training, and continuing education programs.
- To use technologically-advanced trial practices.
- To apply the law in an unbiased and consistent manner to ensure justice, equality, and safety for the community.
We are here to assist those individuals who are victims of crimes that occur in Buffalo County.
If you believe you have been a victim of a crime or have information about a crime, please contact one of the following agencies:
Once a report has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, the case will be given to the County Attorney for review and prosecution. The Deputy County Attorney in charge of the case will contact the victims and witnesses to ensure that the best possible prosecution can be had.