Functions of the County Board
- Take and have care of all real and personal property owned by
- Manage County funds and businesses.
- Make all orders respecting property of the County, to keep buildings
insured, and to sell public grounds and businesses.
- Lay out, alter or discontinue any road running through the County.
- Examine and settle all accounts against the County and accounts
concerning receipt and expenditures.
- Vacate any city or village plats, not a part of an incorporated
city or village, within the County.
- Expend money for care and maintenance of abandoned cemeteries.
- Create a planning commission and a comprehensive development plan
for the County.
- Cooperate in the control and eradication of insects, pests and plant
- Levy and collect taxes for the County.
- Provide suitable courthouse, jail and other public buildings.
- Carry out all other duties imposed by law.